Partial hospitalization, or PHP, is one type of drug and alcohol addiction treatment program. A partial hospitalization program focuses on intensive treatment and frequently includes mental health support. A PHP program may be the best option for people suffering from depression, anxiety, or addiction.
What Is A Partial Hospitalization Program?
Despite the name, you will not be spending time in a hospital. Rather, you’ll come in for care during the day for several hours most days of the week. Then, at the end of the day, you’ll go home as long as you have a safe, drug-free place to live. You will receive treatment for a variety of mental health disorders as well as addiction treatment during this type of treatment. Many addicts require this type of advanced mental health support. For treatment options, go to https://essencehc.com/.
PHP may be a good option for those who are unwilling or unable to use residential treatment. It can provide high-level support and personalized treatment plans.
What Are The Advantages Of Partial Hospitalization?
There are numerous ways in which this type of treatment can be beneficial. Here are a few highlights:
1. Access to Individual and Group Therapy: During PHP, you will work with your therapist as well as in a group setting. You’ll learn about your addiction and mental health needs, as well as how to deal with the symptoms of both.
2. Intense Treatment: PHP is a more significant program than traditional outpatient treatment. You’ll devote more time to treatment therapies, giving you the best chance of beating your addiction.
3. Meet with Professionals daily: Because you will be in treatment for mental health and addiction for an extended period, you will meet with a variety of professionals daily. This provides you with comprehensive support based on your specific requirements.
4. Highly Effective Outpatient Care: A partial hospitalization program is a step down from residential care. This treatment can be beneficial for those who want intensive therapy to help them overcome addiction while still being able to live at home.
PHP is not for everyone. Some people do not require such extensive assistance. Others require more assistance. When you visit your therapist for a consultation and assessment, you’ll learn more about the type of therapy that may be best for your specific situation. Many people have genuine opportunities for healing.
Discover How Partial Hospitalization Can Help You
PHP can assist you with a variety of addiction treatment services. You’ll learn about your addiction as well as the underlying mental health disorders that are present. You’ll also look into the underlying causes of your addiction, such as past trauma. You might require assistance with triggers or stress management. All of this is manageable in a PHP program. Our team can advise you on how well this will meet your requirements.
Among the therapies available in a PHP program are the following:
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Group therapy programs
- Family therapy program
- Trauma therapy program